- Advice on low carbon settlements and carbon neutrality for the Welsh Local Government Association and the Birmingham/Coventry/Black Country city region;
- Advisor to the Jersey parliamentary scrutiny of energy policy;
- Policy analysis and guidance on ecological footprint reduction for Buckinghamshire and South East England's centres of growth;
- Research on wellbeing, alternative measures of economic progress, and avoiding the conflicts between growth and environment;
- Articles and think-pieces on systemic planning for sustainability, rural sustainability, housing futures;
- Sustainability appraisals, strategic environmental assessments and integrated appraisals of strategic plans.
Before founding Levett-Therivel, she was a sustainability consultant with CAG Consultants, and joint leader of Oxford Brookes University's MSc course in Environmental Assessment and Management. Riki specialises in strategic environmental assessment (SEA), appropriate assessment, and environmental impact assessment. She has advised numerous local, regional, and national authorities on how to carry out SEAs; has written seven books and many articles on these subjects; and run training courses worldwide.
Riki's PhD was about SEA, and she was the 2003 recipient of the International Association for Impact Assessment's individual award, for her contribution to the development of SEA and excellent in teaching/research.